Friday, March 11, 2005

Blog Party II

MCF's having a "Blog Party II".

I agree with him. Friday is a good day for parties!
Today's theme for the party is: Three Favorite Sitcom Supporting Characters.

Here are mine:
Radar from MASH: with his ESP on in-coming helicopters, his sense of wonder at the world around him, his relationship to his family back in the States, and his Teddy Bear (of which Big Bird on Sesame Street has the same type of bear, named Radar). Cpl. Walter Eugene 'Radar' O'Reilly makes my list.

Frasier Crane on Cheers: "I'm running with scissors!" "Everybody Wang Chung tonight!" He was such a great supporting character, they gave him his own spin-off. Cliff "It's a little known fact" Clavin gets an honorable mention.

Evil Monkey from Family Guy. We know he's in the closet. Chris knows he's in the closet. No one else knows he's in the closet. Okay, really anybody that's not just gross from Family Guy makes the list.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

MCF said...

You're really stretching with the monkey, but since I loved it so much I had an animated gif of it pointing as my buddy icon, I'll allow it. =)

"running with scissors" may well be one of my favorite Frasier moments on Cheers, followed closely by his description of that Wang Chung tune..."I heard something in those tribal lyrics that I think should set the tone for this evening..." The awed "precisely..." when Lilith lets down her hair again was classic too.

I could take or leave MASH, but I always enjoyed Radar's heart and enthusiasm. Great choices!