Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Who said anything about a test?

Pop quiz (from MCF no less... I'd have expected it from Chris, he's a teacher!):

1) What do you do for a living? I'm a "Communications Supervisor" at the primary Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for my city and county. That means I'm a 2nd shift (3 p.m.-11p.m.) on-duty supervisor at 9-1-1. We take the 9-1-1 calls and dispatch law enforcement and fire services. Medical calls we transfer to the ambulance service.

2) Is it what you thought it would be? Is the job what I expected? Yeah, pretty much. Is this what I thought I'd be doing with my college degree in Radio/Television Communications? No. But I wouldn't trade this job for another one. I like what I do and I get paid really well for doing it.

3) If it isn't, do you ever have moments where you realize you're doing something you like and are good at? I'm not so sure I'm good at it, but I do enjoy it and I get the job done, and I have the respect of my boss and probably most of my co-workers.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: