Thursday, May 19, 2005

Just saw it

Rubi and I just saw Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith.
It was good.
Definitely better than Episodes 1 and 2. But Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman still have absolutely no on-screen chemistry. But that didn't detract from the enjoyment factor.
Some of the "cool" Force flips by characters was a little too obviously digital, and Grievous was better in the Clone Wars cartoon... but I still enjoyed it.
Some of the fun dialog from the book were missing... but I expected that.
The "transformation" of Anakin to Darth Vadar was really well done (oops... didn't really mean that as a pun until I typed it :-). I also liked watching the Vulture fighters jump off The Invisible Hand and "transform" into starfighters, that was kinda cool.

The final shot of Owen and Beru holding infant Luke outside their Tatooine moisture farm watching the double sun set was poignant, and very foreshadowing.
Good flick.

Now I have to take Rubi to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as payback for her geeking out with me :-)
I'm sure I'll be sitting in the movie saying things like "Use the Pants Luke" or "You don't know the power of the dark Pants!"

Heh.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

MCF said...

Clone Wars got me so hyped to see "live" Grievous that it was impossible not to be disappointed unless he was in it for two hours, and there simply wasn't room with the rest of the story that had to be told in this chapter.

"well done"; lol =)

I knew there was a reason the vultures were so cool to me. We haven't seen many transforming droids.

The most obviously digital scene for me apart from Dooku's flip was when Obi-Wan and that cool lizard thing are side-by-side with Greivous on his Dr. Doom Secret Wars Big Wheel, so obviously digital that it bordered on cartoon and I was surprised it made it in looking unfinished. You can bet they'll touch that up by DVD given Lucas' perfectionism.

Thanks again for sharing some of the lines from the book over at my blog. I might have to check the book out now.