Monday, January 16, 2006

Book Review: Help! Mom! There are liberals under my bed!

Reviewed for Mind&Media:
Marketed as a childrens book to promote conservative values, Help! Mom! There are liberals under my bed! is more an exercise in mean-spirited liberal bashing.
Now, don't get me wrong: I'm all for satire, caricatures, lampooning, parodies, making-fun-of, etc. And I'm mainly conservative in my politics as well. (Although I enjoy any good-spirited humor than makes fun of politics/politicians no matter their affiliation, like the Capitol Steps).

Help! Mom! Could have been a book that demonstrated conservative values. Instead, the book just shows extreme liberalism without explaining view-points, or even showing the conservative alternative well at all.

I wont read anymore of this series.

Powered By Qumana


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: