Thursday, July 06, 2006

Blog Party Returns!

WHAT ARE THE BEST THINGS IN YOUR LIFE THAT HAVE RETURNED?

MCF has brought back the ever-popular blog parties!
The basic concept is this: bloggers around the world unite on an arbitrary day (this time: July 6) to blog about a particular topic picked by the host (MCF).

Today's Topic: What are the best things in your life that have returned?

My oldest daughter went on a trip to Florida with her grandparents and returned safely. Rubi returns home safely everyday after work. Every February when I file my federal taxes, everything I've paid during the past year is returned to me (and more, thanks to the kids). My efforts at work are returned to me usually in the form of thanks - sometimes in the form of more work. A little bit of time and work for a CafePress store has returned three checks so far and another on the way. MCF's Astonishing Tests return occasionally - and Whoo! So has the Blog Party! The Transformers return to world in a big way about this time next year.

I heard a quote once: "If you love someone, set them free. If they don't return, hunt them down and kill them!" Not really sure what that has to with the topic, but ...there you go.




Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get that quote either.

Darrell said...

returned three checks so far

I had surgery recently and had to write a $200 check during regestration as a deposit. I'd never had to make a deposit on surgery before, and it struck me as weird, but since I had to have the surgery I wrote the check. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I got a check back from the hosptial for $200, saying that my insurance company had covered everything. So when it comes to returned checks, that's the best one I've had so far!

MCF said...

I forgot to mention in my post that I got money back at tax time this year, which hasn't happened in like six years...I ALWAYS owe money.

I'm looking forward to Transformers too. What did you think of the teaser trailer?

kevbayer said...

MCF - I thought the TF teaser trailer was too teaser-y, not enough substance. The spidey3 teaser trailer gave us some pretty good substance for a teaser.

Darrel - that's great about the insurance check! I love it when stuff like that happens. God definitely provides doesn't he!

MCF said...

I had the same thoughts. Both were called teasers yet the TF one was truly a teaser, whereas SM3 may have given too much away. Or if it IS a true teaser, how much is there that they didn't show us? Either way, looking forward to both.