Monday, August 06, 2007

This and That, or "Join up!"

Occasionally on my blog, I’ll post a few things and links to places I’ve been on the internet. I call them “THINKS”, a combination of the words things and links. It’s been months since I’ve posted any THINKS… It’s been months since I posted anything of substance at all. Lately it’s been random memes and questionnaires.


Here are a few THINKS, some related to my hometown – Evansville, Indiana. Others are just some things I find interesting.


Club Evansville is a brand new website, Evansville’s version of MySpace. Join up!


If you’re a Star Wars fan, the Evansville region has it’s very own Star Wars FanForce fanclub (look for the “Welcome New Members” thread and introduce yourself!). They have monthly book club meetings, monthly collecting meetings, monthly costuming meetings, monthly General meetings (all optional, you can pick and choose what you want to attend and what you don’t). They also have occasional “unofficial” get-togethers and movie outings. Again: Join up! Oh, and the club also maintains a MySpace page.


If you’re in the Evansville area and a fan of Joss Whedon’s Firefly and Serenity… you’re out of luck. There’s no fanclub for us Browncoats in the area. There is a website for Indiana Browncoats to gather though. Once again I say: Join up (even if you’re not in Indiana, we’ll take anyone willing to make a trek to Hoosierland ever now and again for Browncoat revelry – Louisville, St. Louis, etc.)!


Lately I’ve been playing a couple of online games, both are sort of “Space Strategy” games. In oGame, you start a colony on a planet and build up your production to produce fleets of ships, conduct research into new technology, colonize other planets, and maybe attack other players’ colonies to raid for resources. In Dark Pirates, you are a loan pirate raiding transport ships, convoys, and fleets, attacking other pirates, searching for resources, and working on space-stations to earn money to repair and upgrade your ship or buy a new ship. If you join up at either of these, please don’t attack me!


And to finish up, my sister (who does not live in the Evansville area) has started her own blog. She’s better at it than I am.



Powered by Qumana


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mobile Marketing Solutions - its whats missing from your marketing campaign. Get personal with Mobile Marketing Solutions from http://www.konainteractive.com/