Tuesday, March 22, 2005

oh no and RLTB

I've apparently turned this into the quiz blog. -Sorry.

Real life has been trumping blogging frequently lately.

I have a new project at work - another supervisor and I are designing and initiating a new intranet for our department. We want it to be a very professional looking and useable tool, unlike the rest of the public safety intranet, which looks like something I designed on geocities back in 1994 to show off all of my science fiction links. In addition to that, I have my normal project this time of year: National Public Safety Telecommunications Week (that link is for the national organization that started it, not my department!). I chair the committee at my department that organizes "events" for what we refere to as Dispatchers' Week (that's easier to say than NPSTW!). I had a class last week on developing SOPs. They want to send me another class in June for basic supervisor stuff. All that is in addition to my regular duties and on-going projects at work. All of which are routinely interrupted by that darn phone ringing with people calling 9-1-1 saying they have an emergency.
Sheesh.
Some people.

And I read more blogs than I write.

You should see the stack of trade magazines that I've got stacking up because I haven't had time to read them. That stack is at least a foot high.

Plus some days, during the day when I'm not at work (I work evenings), I get to run kids to school, Rubi to work, do laundry, load the dishwasher, run errands, take a nap (gotta get that in there or I'll fall asleep at work), pick up Rubi from work, etc etc.

And I can't think of a good wrap-up for this post, my relief should be here soon and my mind is now focused on going home, taking decongestants/antihistamines (Rubi I'd better not have caught your cold), and sleeping.

Sleep good.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: