Sunday, January 16, 2005

Tales from the mom side.

I second Kev's [sigh] regarding Ed. I can't believe he's so nearly gone.

Life here continues at it's usual frantic pace. I've been meaning to post an Alexander story that he's sure to kill me for when he's older. I looked over at him a few weeks ago, to see him watching TV contentedly with his hand shoved down the front of his PJ pants. He wasn't...doing anything, it was just resting there a la Al Bundy. I told him to get his hand out of his pants. Without even looking up, he pulled his hand out. Along with a post it note. I have no words.

Elizabeth's building a volcano for a school project. The kids had dinner in front of the TV tonight, since the kitchen table is covered with assorted upside down flower pots, wire mesh, and clumps of Sculptamold. But doggone it, the first round of messy crap is done. Second round of messy crap happens tomorrow morning, under Kev's supervision, as I'll be working. (Yes dear, I said you. I'll show you what she still needs to do.) Thankfully, she's doing 95% of the work herself, so I've been able to just get her pointed in the right direction and leave her to it.

Still waiting on the contractor to get started on the house. There's lots of phone tag but no actual process. Frustrating.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: