Monday, February 21, 2005

Fraidy Cat, Fraidy Cat!

That's me! Picking my top five scary villians is hard, because I'm a big ol' wuss. Therefore, I don't watch all that much that's scary, which narrows the list, and the ones I DO see all scare the bejeezus out of me. Okay, thinking. (Note: I've already gotten number one typed, it's a shoo-in, I'm just pondering the other four!) Off we go: the top five scary villians, as related by a Whedon freak.

5. Kenneth Irons. Suave, attractive, wealthy as all get-out. And chillingly ruthless and evil. Brrrr.

4. Caleb. Total mysogyny and superpowers, behind a calm, rational face and a priest's collar. And the eye thing. Someone hold me.

3. Those things in SG-1 (Sorry, my love, I've forgotten who they are) that show up with the giant metal rings that drop down out of nowhere, forming a big stack. Shiny light, the rings disappear, and poof. Buncha bad guys, there to kill you. As I've explained to Kev, it's their arrival that's so scary. There's no warning, just big rings clanking down from the sky, and you are flat out of time. Not even time to duck behind a rock. You are officially dead, captured, have a snake in your head, whatever.

2. Jasmine. Aiieeee! Remember when that little boy turned around and started talking with her voice in the tunnel? Gah.


Number one, no question: Angelus. Holy crap, he scared me worse in Buffy Season two than anything ever. He gleefully embraced D'Hoffryn's philosophy: Why go for the kill when you can go for the pain? Extended, subtle, very well thought out, both mental and physical, and as personal as possible pain.

You'll notice the distinct absence of the mayor on my list. Sorry y'all, he was just a big ol' doofus. Even when he yanked Giles' sword out of his chest, all I could think was "Man, I would NEVER want to be on Giles' bad side."


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

MCF said...

Never saw Witchblade except for one TV movie; didn't know who the first one was without benefit of Google.

I'd read a spoiler about the eye thing and still cringed....Caleb was bad news.

I remember the first time they showed Jasmine's true face with the worms....yikes....

Michael Hickerson said...

Woo-hoo...another person who feels that season two of Buffy was the best. Yaaaaay!

Good choies of villains!