Saturday, February 26, 2005

You know what I don't like?

I don't like it when I'm schedule to get off work at 11 p.m. and my relief doesn't show up.

I called her at home; she said she's supposed to be off on FMLA leave today (and tomorrow and Monday). She was not scheduled that way. In fact, she was scheduled off for her FMLA leave next week!

Someone screwed up, or is very confused.

I'm now working a 12-hour shift. I'll get off at 3 a.m. and have to be back at 3 p.m. I'll miss the class Rubi and I are taking at church (which we've been lazy and have missed 2 classes already). The supervisor that worked 2nd shift with me today will be coming back after 4 hours and working 3 a.m. until 7 a.m. I couldn't reach the scheduled dayshift supervisor to come in early. And I couldn't reach the 3rd shift supervisor that is on his regular day off to come in and work (but he's probably inebriated anyway).

Now, the entire supervisors' schedule is frelled up for the entire week. I had a couple of 3rd shifts scheduled at the end of the week (because of her leave), but hopefully those will be 2nd shifts now. But until we make contact with other supervisors, hopefully Sunday during the day, my schedule is up in the air (as is the schedule for all the supervisors).

Rubi was none too happy when I called her at 11:07 p.m. tonight and told her I wasn't coming home. She answered the phone "You have got to be kidding me." She knows if I call her, well, when I'm supposed to be pulling in the driveway, that I'm probably working over. It doesn't happen all that often that I have to stay over unexpectedly, but I don't like it.

(I am getting paid for it though, as I type this, so that helps.)


EDIT: 1 a.m. Yay! The 3rd shift supervisor that is on his day off today finally called in. He's on his way in to relieve me. I've called the other supervisor to let her know she doesn't have to be here at 3 a.m.
Now we just need to get the rest of the weekend/week straightened out.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: