Friday, April 08, 2005

Reveling.

In just being mom. Being a semi-working-outside-the-home mommy has given me an even greater appreciation of Just Being Mom.

Today I ran to Elizabeth's school (BOTH campuses) to distribute letters to all 64 soccer players in her school's league, so they could go home to all 64 sets of parents tonight.

Then trotted off to Sam's Club to buy mass quantities of junk food to stock the soccer concession stand with. Oodles of candy bars, ring pops, chips, and juice boxes. Alexander and Catherine were with me. Picture me surrounding the kids with this motherlode of goodies, while explaining to them that they couldn't lay so much as a finger on them. Yeah, they enjoyed that.

Then I detoured through the clothing section - Sam's Club is truly a Wal Mart on steroids. They've got everything. Just bigger, and cheaper for the most part. Since I was sweating buckets in my sweater and jeans, I picked up an Anne Klein cap sleeve polo for myself (I have exactly ONE short sleeved shirt in my possession at the moment.). I'm sure it was a second or whatever, but I didn't care. The $49 Anne Klein price tag, combined with the "real" $12 Sam's Club price tag, reconciled this penny-pinching mommy of three to it.

Found each of the younger kiddos some dirt cheap outfits too, since they have hardly any warm weather clothing either. One outfit for each of them, cute as the proverbial button, $10 a pop. Love it.

Then it was off to the soccer fields to unload the snacks. Quick trip to my friend Susan's house, since it was too early to go to school and too late to head home.

Picked up my carpool kids, found to my annoyance that Elizabeth's soccer coach forgot to bring her uniform shirt to school like he promised (She has a game tomorrow morning at 9), and packed Elizabeth off with a friend for a sleepover.

Now Catherine, who missed her nap, is sound asleep in bed a half hour earlier than normal, Alexander's zoned out in front of the TV with his evening snack, and I'm relaxing, goofing around on the puter.

Love it.

Must find Advil for the minor, but persistent, headache.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: