Thursday, May 05, 2005

Hi there

Random Thoughts:

I've been fighting off a cold for about a week.
Rubi and I have been passing it back and forth for about three weeks now.
I think Catherine may be fighting off a mild version of it too.
I"m at work now and I think I've OD'd on cold medicine. My symptoms had me feeling horrible, so I took cold and cough medicine until they went away.
I just want to sleep. My eyes won't focus unless I try really hard. And I'm spacey - kind of off in la-la land. At least today is my Friday - I have the next two days off from work. I did have a nice nap this afternoon before work. That helped.

Tomorrow will be busy though - I have to take the van in to get the brakes checked. While that is happening, I'll be mowing my parents lawn. Then Saturday Rubi and her mom and sisters are supposed to participate in a Mother/Daughter look-alike contest. They should win, because they all look alike. And then Sunday is Mother's Day. I haven't bought anything for my mom, Rubi's mom, or Rubi. I'll be doing that tomorrow or Saturday. And I have to work Sunday. We'll run by my mom's house and give her her gift, eat cake, tell her we love her and leave. Then we'll go to Rubi's mom's house and have a cook-out which I will rush through and then go to work.

I can't believe the school year is almost over. Seems like it should only be about time for Spring Break. Catherine will be starting preschool in the fall two days a week, Alexander will be in preschool three days a week, and Elizabeth will be in third gradeohmygoshshe'sgrowingupfast!

Speaking of Elizabeth: her birthday is next weekend. Party at my in-laws house. `Cause they have the room and we don't. I'm taking her to a ZoeGirl and Jump5 concert a couple of days before her birthday. We still need to go shopping for her birthday - gift and party supplies.

The anniversary of my marriage with Rubi is also next weekend: eleven years! Oh yeah... I need to go shopping for that too.

On a totally unrelated note: I think I'll sign up this blog to be an affiliate of christianbook.com and I'll recommend some Christian Fiction I've enjoyed.

Rubi is still job hunting. Two of the places she applied told her they today they had filled the position. The one place she kinda really wanted to work told her they weren't hiring right now.

Rubi is selling some scrapbooking stuff on eBay; her user name is scrapmom - look her up. She's pretty talented when it comes to scrapbooking.

Dinner time.
I'll go eat now and get some drink a coke to get some caffeine into me.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the upcoming 11 years! Working on 10 myself.

Don
www.danzfamily.com