Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday Brunch for June 12, 2005

Today's Sunday Brunch
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and
listening to repetitive music." -Marcus Brigstocke

1) What is your favorite board game? Sceneit? and Scrabble.

2) What type of games are your favorite? (ie, board, card, participatory, dice, word games) Uno is my favorite. King's Court a close second, because it's practically the same game. I like the husband/wife team games where one of you gives clues to something and the other shouts out the answers.

3) How many games do you own, and if possible, list them. I see seven games sitting on my shelf. Sceneit?, Uno, King's Court, Trivial Pursuit 20th anniversary edition, Deluxe Scrabble, Sorry, and Scrabble Junior.

4) Do you enjoy computer or video games? Which one is your favorite? You know, if I had the time to learn how to play them, and get used to the controls and stuff, I might. But no, I really don't play computer games these days. As for my favorite: Yar's Revenge on the Atari 2600.

5) Describe a great childhood memory of an outside game. I was always one of the last to get picked, or left out entirely. I have no fond childhood memories of outside games. Now as I got older, I'd play Frisbee or Comet Ball with my best friend on the parking lot of our college. We used one of those frisbees that is just a couple of rings connected and no center. It would fly forever. We'd have to yell to hear each other we were so far away. Comet Ball is this thing my mom got from some company by sending in proof-of-purchase points or something; it's a baseball with a long cloth tail attached that is segmented into three different colors. You held the Comet Ball by the tail and threw it to the person you were playing with. You had to catch it by the tail. Each color was a different score. I think you go more points the closer to the baseball you caught it. If you grabbed the baseball, you lost. I think.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: