Saturday, July 30, 2005

Nice Weekend

I had a nice, relaxing, uneventful weekend.
Friday and Saturday were my days off this rotation, I have to go back to work Sunday afternoon.
Rubi's been feeling under the weather - maybe a touch of the flu or something, not really sick, just not feeling good.
Friday I had to run a few minor errands - take my parents to a doctors appointment for dad, and a couple of other things I don't even remember. Rubi's sister Sara stopped by for a bit to give Catherine a new Care Bear that Catherine's cousin had but decided Catherine should have it. It talks and it's belly lights up (the Care Bear, not Catherine's cousin). Catherine loves it.
While Sara was here, she mentioned she's been checking this site every day and we haven't posted anything in awhile. So I'm posting about my nice relaxing weekend.
I spent most of the rest of the day Friday reading a book I recently picked up at the library. Oh wait, now I remember one of the other things I did Friday - I picked up some DVDs for Rubi from the library - Little House on the Prairie seasons one and two. She watched several episodes Saturday afternoon until it was my turn for the TV.
Friday night, after the kids went to bed, I watched 4 hours of geek TV on the sci-fi channel: Firefly, Stargate SG-1 and it's sister show Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica.
(Side mini-review of BSG: This is a very interesting show - it's like watching Full Metal Jacket or some other 80's war movie with some spaceships and robots thrown in - that's how the ground combat scenes seem to me.)
Saturday morning, Elizabeth had a soccer game at 8 a.m. (2-1, her team lost - and her coach didn't show up for some reason?!? - Rubi had to help coach, while feeling ill).
Then pretty much the rest of today I've done absolutely nothing productive.
I made tacos for lunch... I finished the book I mentioned, and started another one (this one I actually purchased from B&N, with the gift certificate Rubi got me for Father's Day) - Then I decided to blogsurf for awhile and, here I am.
Rubi is watching more Little House. I'm about finished with computer for tonight, so I'll go back to reading that book I picked up.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: