Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Whee...the final episode.

[head smack] D'oh! I didn't even post the best part! The actual birthday...um...day. Woke up to awesome handmade cards from my kids, and two new books from Kev. Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella, and Origins in Death by J.D. Robb. Both new releases that I've been looking forward to for ages. I've finished Origins, and it was as good as I'd hoped. I'm about 2/3 of the way through Undomestic Goddess, and liking it. Samantha is quite a departure from Kinsella's usual heroines. I mean, I love Becky Bloomwood/Brandon, but she's quite a flake, isn't she? Not so for Samantha. No spoilers from me, but it's a great read so far.

Anyway. Kev and the kids also gave me a package of my favorite: Lindor Truffles. Mmm, heavenly.
Then it was off to my parent's house for a family get together. We had a delicious meal, a yummy birthday cake (with a votive candle as the "1" in "31", which delighted Elizabeth to no end for some reason.), and presents! Whoot! (Hee.) My parents gave me a Linens n Things gift card, taking me 1/3 of the way toward the bedding set I've got my eye on, and my sisters gave me scrapbooking goodies and a bulletin board to hang above my scrap table, per my wish list.

Afterwards we all went swimming in the lake on the F.O.P. campgrounds. The water felt so good in this heat wave. Poor Kev got all sunburned, while I'm still pasty white. Darn it on both counts.

We have these family get togethers for every family members birthday, and it's so nice to have that kind of family. I know so many people who's parents/siblings are far away, no longer living, or just don't do that kind of thing, and it makes me sad for them. This is the kind of thing I want to give my kids as they grow up and have families of their own.

[/sappy sentiment] ;-)


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: