Monday, September 05, 2005

Blog Party: Three Wishes

"Gah!" I screamed as the smoke spread around me from the spout of the small golden tea pot. I threw the pot down thinking I had done something royally wrong when a voice spoke from the smoke.
"Behold!" Boomed the voice. "I am the Wish-Granting Guy from the Golden Tea Pot of Earl!"
Uh. Yeah. I looked around for the source of the voice, or the hidden camera.
"No really," the smoke said. "I have the ultimate power to grant you three wishes because you picked up the Golden Tea Pot of Earl."
"Who's Earl?" I had to ask.
"What?"
"Earl. Who is he, and what's with his tea pot?"
The smoke shifted slightly, "Earl... uh, he's the guy who... wanted tea, yeah! Then, uh," more shifting smoke, "Then uh, couldn't find his tea leaves, and..."
"You're just making this up aren't you."
"Now look!" The smoke surrounded me, "Do you want me to grant you your three wishes or not?"
"Three wishes?"
"Yes. I am the Wish-Granting-"
"Yeah, I got it. Teapot Guy and all. So... "
"Look. Just make three wishes and let me get me back to my tea pot."
"It's nice in there?" I picked the tea pot up off the floor and placed it back on the table.
"Not really, but I get great reception on my Dish."
"Three wishes?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Let's see..."
---
MCF is hosting another Blog Party!
Three Wishes:

If I weren't greedy and selfish, my three wishes would be for:
1: Secular scientists to realize how foolish they sound when they preach evolution.
2: Those same scientists, and everyone else world-wide to know, accept, and have a close personal relationship with their Savior, Jesus Christ.
3: An end to all prosecution of Christians world-wide.

On the other hand, If I were greedy and selfish my three wishes would be for:
1: Nine hundred ninety-nine million dollars tax free with no strings attached. After all, with that kind of money, I could help out many churches, in addtion to helping out myself and my family and my descendants for several generations.
2: Wow, after that first one... the greed is kind of gone now. Wish number 2 is wish number from the first list.
3: Wish number 2 from the first list.


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

MCF said...

Earl, eh? =)

99 Mil should be enough for gas....

kevbayer said...

"Earl": A small "community" near here. Home of the Hornet's Nest tavern ...and that's about it.

Lorna said...

We should all be so selfish...

Darrell said...

Nine hundred ninety-nine million dollars... now THAT'S the way to wish for money. This six million dollar bologna Wendy wished for is child's play.