Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Internet. Love it.

I've been doing lots of hysterectomy research, and found a great resource. www.hystersisters.com is crammed with anything and everything I'd ever want to know. It has articles and resources covering a huge range of subjects related to the surgery, both pre and post-op.
There is a message board that I find to be the best resource there, as it contains info, ideas, and suggestions from ladies who have already been there. I just looked, and there are 80K members. That's a deep well of great suggestions. Oh, there is also a section for the hubbies, called MisterHysterSisters. Cute, huh?

The whole thing is presented charmingly too. Pre-op ladies are "Ladies In Waiting". When it's time for surgery, you head to the "Castle" to become a full-fledged "Princess". Cute, cute, cute! And, ooh, lookie: https://www.hystersisters.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16158&cat=251&page=1

I'd love to have that to take to the Castle, but I'm not sure if I can convince Kev to drop that kind of money when I'm about to be off work for at least 2 weeks. Ah well... I'm satisfied having found such a great resource.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I just happened on your blog and I have enjoyed my visit.

So sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery but I pray all will go well and you will have a speedy recovery. I love finding good resources and support on the internet too!

I see you are a scrapbooker, as am I :) When you're up to it check out a great email group I am a part of - we what about everything but especially SCRAPBOOKING :) If you decide to join tell them Elizabeth sent you - http://www.scrappychatters.com

Have a wonderful day :)