Tuesday, October 18, 2005

RLTB, indeed.

Feh.

Well, Kev was right in that we've had a lot going on. Where to begin? I had a mammogram, which turned up two areas that needed to be biopsied. I had one last Thursday, and it was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life. Gah. I was a wreck by the time it was over - all white and shaky. The nurse made me stay for a while, until I insisted on leaving. Kev was with me, so I wasn't exactly going to drive home myself. And I wanted to get the heck out of there.
We got the results back, and it was happy news. It turned out to be a fibroadenoma. Benign, and harmless enough to just stay where it is. So yay!

The next biopsy is this Thursday, on the second area. This one will be a "stereotactic" biopsy. That is...well, just read this: http://www.deaconess.com/body.cfm?id=571

And ooh, pretty picture of where I'll be undergoing this torture. I'm still pretty sore from the LAST biopsy, and have firm plans to demand stronger drugs Thursday morning.

Okay, next. I mentioned back in September that my blood count was bottoming out. Between my family Dr., my hematologist, and my OB/GYN, we figured out the problem, and a hysterectomy in about 2 weeks will solve it. (Can ya guess what it is?? Hee.)

So I'm frantically trying to prepare for my downtime after the surgery. My biggest concern is getting this house in shape. I can't bear the thought of being stuck on the sofa staring at the mess. But I'm so darned exhausted anyway, and all ouchy from the last biopsy, that even regular housework is a bit daunting. Let alone a good ol' fashioned top to bottom scrub. Meh.

Anyway, that's what's going on here. You'll forgive me for being MIA more often...please? And if I don't post before then, prayers on November 2nd, surgery day, would be greatly appreciated.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

kevbayer said...

I took a sick day last week to be with her for the first biopsy. I'll be there for the 2nd one also since it's in the morning, but I'll have to go to work as usual that afternoon.
For her surgery, my days off just happened to fall on the day of and the day after her surgery. I took 3 FMLA sick days immediately after that to stay at home with her a bit while she gets settled and starts adjusting to being useless - I mean recovering! (Just kidding luv!)
Plus, many of her friends have already volunteered to bring Elizabeth home from school and to provide some meals.
Rubi has great friends.

MCF said...

Wow, the title of the post really says it all. Good luck, and I'll pray for you folks.