Tuesday, December 20, 2005

MCFAT Vol. IV

MCF has another Astonishing Test.
 
1) Does the departure of any one radio disc jockey, no matter who it is, merit a radio station changing its name, firing some DJs, and hiring others as they rearrange their schedule? I'm thinking specifically of 92.3 KROCK, soon to be known as “92.3 FREE”, but readers are free to answer the question on general principal.
Absolutely Not.

2) What's the absolute worst last-minute gift you've ever given someone, and how do you feel about it today?
Can't remember.  I'm sure there were bunches though.

3) Which song would you say most influenced and/or changed your taste in music?
Either: One Vision by Queen, because before I heard that song during the Iron Eagle movie, and subsequently bought the soundtrack, and then everything else by Queen - I hadn't really listened to rock music, or classic rock (or movie soundtracks either).
Or: Beethoven's 9th Symphony, specifically, the last movement.  If I hadn't heard this particular piece of music in music class, I probably wouldn't given a rat's behind about classical music. Now I love it.

4) You can either have a passive mental super power, or an active physical one. Which would you prefer and why?
What defines "passive" in this situation. Passive as in I just sit there and do stuff with my mind, or passive as in my powers don't have a physical effect?  Let's say my passive mental power is to be able to completely and thoroughly communicate with electronic devices. Does that count.  Being able to do this, I could reprogram or influence devices, computers, toasters, ATMs etc. to do my bidding.  Is that passive?
Active Physical Power: Comedy!
 
5) Would you be comfortable with fame?
Maybe.

6) Since people thought the last test was too hard, I'll throw in an easy one: list as many prepositions as you'd like.
"Hey baby, is it hot in here, or is that just you?"  Oh wait, you said prEpositions... Dang! These tests are too hard!
 
 
Powered By Qumana


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

MCF said...

Rubi....put down the hockey stick....

Passive as in doesn't require and physical effort or exertion. Forge can build or invent anything. Leech cancels peoples powers just by being near them. Spider-man can sense danger. These are all examples of passive powers, always on, not physical. Your answer counts. But then that's the great thing about an MCFAT--EVERY answer counts!

Kelly said...

I'm trying to imagine what you could possibly want to be able to influence a toaster to do. It's making me chuckle. "Now, toaster, shoot out flaming wads of bread!"

Thank goodness you didn't mention Tang in your last answer. 'Cause that would've been embarassing.