Friday, January 27, 2006

Whee!

I'm in scrapper heaven lately. I signed up for my classes at CKC Nashville on Wednesday, and got every one that I wanted. Our fancy-schmancy hotel suite is all reserved, and the rate turned out to be very reasonable. It's going to cost us each (4 of us) $110 total for three nights. Breakfast is included every morning, and our kitchenette has a fridge and microwave. So we're taking along plenty of microwaveable goodies and eat in the room quite a bit. They also offer a shuttle to the Gaylord Opryland, where CKC is being held. So, so convenient. I'm kicking myself that we didn't think to do it last year.
We also decided to pack along some folding tables, and scrapbook in our room some each day. Sure beats paying $35 to crop in the convention center.
Only 89 days left! (My darling set up a Yahoo Widget on my desktop so I can count down. Also? I'm a big dork.)

My cyberfriend Laura traveled up here last weekend to spend the day scrapping with me. She moved to the area from Phoenix a year-ish ago, and now only lives a few hours away. We've gotten to get together twice since then, and she is an absolute delight to spend time with. She's so much fun, and one of the most talented ladies I know. She works with Little Black Dress Designs, one of the coolest scrappin' companies around. Go, see! www.littleblackdressdesigns.com

Laura and I have been making lots of plans, and it looks like we're going to get together twice in February for all day crops. I can't wait.

At the moment, I'm posting while I take a break from Cybercropping. www.simplycreativecrafts.com is having a three day cyber crop, with lots of drawings for gift certificates for their store. So I'm cropping away, and entering every contest. Everyone send "draw Rubi's name" vibes!

The living room looks like a scrapbook store exploded. [cringe] I should really get it all put away before Kev gets home, but it seems so pointless, as I'm going to drag it all out again first thing in the morning. Yep, it stays for now.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: