Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Open mouth, insert foot.

Kev doesn't like my new hair.

Oh yeah, I've got new hair! Well, less hair, anyway. I had about 3-4 inches taken off a week or so ago, and went from a blunt cut into a layered style. Everyone loves it, except for Kev. He likes my hair...well, the longer the better. This is still below the shoulders, but much shorter.

Anyway, the other day he was making an effort to be sweet about it, because he's just that wonderful. But he flubbed it. He said, "I love your hair. It's so soft, and shiny, and it makes you look prettier than you are..." The second the words were out of his mouth, you could see it in his face. "Ohhhh, I phrased that REALLY badly." We had a good laugh over it.


Also, ouch. I donated blood today, for the first time since mid 2003. I got the go ahead from my hematologist a few weeks ago, but have been to busy. I finished up the donation, hung out having cookies and a soda for a while, then packed it up and went to get Elizabeth from school. Got there early to hang out with friends per the usual. About five minutes before the final bell rang, I removed my bandage. It had been nearly an hour since donation by now, more than enough time. I tossed the bandage in the garbage and turned to continue my conversation with my friend. Felt something funny on my arm, looked down. The sleeve of my sweater was soaked with blood. EWWWW! Ew Ew Ew!!!! I ran for the bathroom, grabbed a handful of towels, slapped them on my arm, and headed for the school nurse. (I felt SO silly going there, but didn't know what else to do.) She removed the towels, and my arm was immediately dripping. Many layers of gauze and lots of gauze tape later, I left.
When I talked to the donation place later, I was told that I very likely got it started bleeding again by pulling my car door open. Oh. I didn't realize that when they said no lifting, they meant I couldn't open a lousy car door with that arm!

Anyway, there's now a disgusting, large red bruise in the crook of my arm. Interesting day. Yuck.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: