Monday, March 20, 2006

Book Review: Help! Mom! Hollywood's In My Hamper!

 
Mind & Media sent me this book to review. It's a sequel to Help! Mom! There Are Liberals under My Bed!
 
Written for children with conservative parents, this book pokes fun at liberals from Hollywood, while trying to show that what Hollywood tells you isn't as important as what your parents tell you. 
 
Good lesson. Bad execution.
 
I'm a conservative, I enjoy children's literature, I'm a Christian, and I like cartoons.
I do not like this book. It comes across as mean-spirited, spiteful, poorly written, with obvious jokes and references aimed at particular Hollywood people and liberals in-general.
 
Christians are supposed to show the world Christ's love through how we live our lives and our actions more than our words. If this book is indicative of Christianity, I wouldn't want anything to do with it. Good thing that there are other Christians out there living the life and showing the world what it really means to be a Christian.
 
Recommendation: Stay away from this series.
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: