Monday, March 20, 2006

Found one!

John has a good meme here: http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/002565.html



Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror? Of those three, Sci-Fi, although I'm more of a chick fic girl most of the time.

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback? Mass market paperback, for the same reasons John gave. Cheaper. The only exception is the Left Behind series, which Kev and I splurged on, purchasing each one as soon as it was released. (Even then, we went to Sam's Club where they were much cheaper.)

Heinlein or Asimov? Gonna go with Asimov in deference to my darling Kev, a diehard Asimov fan. I haven't read either. (I know, I know.)

Amazon or Brick and Mortar? Brick and mortar until recently, when I made an Amazon wish list. But browsing through all those books in person is such fun.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? B&N

Hitchhiker or Discworld? Hitchhiker, but only because I haven't read Discworld yet. (I'll slap myself for you.) Yep, what John said.

Bookmark or Dogear? I'm ashamed to admit this. I dogear. I try to remember not to, but I'm so bad about it. [hangs head in shame]

Magazine: Uh, Creating Keepsakes. Heh.

Alphabetize by author Alphabetize by title or random? Kind of a hybrid of the two. The authors are pretty much together, and books are together by subject. Ish.

Keep dustjacket or toss it? Keep.

Read with dustjacket or remove it? Remove it. And use it as a bookmark if I remember not to dogear.

Short story or novel? Novel

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Lemony Snicket

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I aim for chapter breaks, but often Kev will come home to find me sound asleep with the book on the pillow beside my face. Perhaps I should consider stopping when tired, huh?

"It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time"? "Once upon a time"

Buy or Borrow? Mostly borrow. The library is a wonderful, wonderful place. But we buy our share too.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse? Definitely Browsing. I like the physicality picking up a book from a shelf, reading the cover, sampling some pages. Oh, and if I find something recommended by others, all the better! (This is John's answer, but it's me to a T)

Lewis or Tolkien? Tolkien.


I'm going to have to continue this later. It's 6:05 in the morning, and my turn for the shower. Sorry I couldn't finish now, blame Kev for not taking a longer shower.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: