Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Stuff.

Kev's fear of being Dooced is the only thing that's kept me from a furious rant on this blog for the past week or so. Shutting up now.

My hours at work were cut as of today, because my boss is having to tighten the purse strings big time. I understand. While there are lots of upsides to working for a small family business, this is one of the downsides. Cash flow is an issue more often. My boss was great about it. We sat in his office for about a half hour talking about how to work out my new schedule. He really needs me to drop from 5 days a week to 2-3 right away. But so as not to shock my family budget too badly, he's just dropping me to four days until April, then I'll drop down to 2-3.

I'm bummed about the money thing, and looking to pick up some hours at one of the kids schools. (That would be great, because I think there's a tuition break involved at either school for employees) But I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy to the hilt my return to mothering during the day. Field trips, volunteering at the school, whee! Love!

Can we talk about Idol? Because I'm obsessed. Mandisa is wonderful, amazing, classy, beautiful, everything wonderful. I would absolutely love to see her go all the way.

Off to watch Idol, and clean house during commercials.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found you from Dad Bloggers. Sorry to hear about your work situation. That's tough man.

I went ahead and put a link to your site from the "Welcome to Fatherhood" site.

I'll check beck and I'll hope to hear something positive about work.

Have a good weekend. My blog is at rlundquist.blogspot.com

Jungle Pop said...

Well I haven't seen it yet (we're getting it a few days delayed over here), I've only seen the girls' night.

But I'm glad to read that Elliott and Chris were the best since they're my favorite two so far! (And I'm also glad I didn't read any spoilers here!)