Tuesday, April 25, 2006

THINKS for April 25 2006

Been awhile since... well since I posted anything!
 
As of today, I do not have to be back to work until next Wednesday. A week from tomorrow.  Rubi is going to Nashville this weekend with some friends, so I took some vacation time so I can run the kids to and fro school and not have to get a sitter.
Plus: no work=happy Kev!
 
As a result, maybe I can catch up on blogging here, reading other blogs, posting in the message forums I've been neglecting, add Rubi's sister to my friends list in MySpace (even though I never go to myspace), and maybe watch some Firefly.
And eat lots of takeout with the kids.
 
I've been saving a few items for a THINKS post.
Here they are.
 
Everytime I see a billboard with a version of this picture:

I think: "Pull my finger". 
 
I used to game. That is, I used to play role playing games when I was in high school and some of college. One of the best I played was called Rifts, by a company called Palladium Books. Palladium Books also made the Robotech series of RPGs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, a SuperHero RPG, a military RPG, a fantasy D&D-type RPG, and several others - most of which all use the same rules system, and can be combined together in play, which is kind of the basis of the Rifts game ("let's take all of our games, and throw them together in a post-apocolyptic world with robots, mecha, ninjas, mutants, mecha, military, superheros, mecha, dragons, mages, and did we mention mecha?").
Well, Palladium is still around, still making Rifts stuff, but turns out the company had some internal problems recently, and
I'll be posting a different version of that link on my sidebar later.
 
 
And here's a small meme I got from my sister (her meme, my answers):
How well do you know me?? For instance, did you know...

Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. Radio DJ
2. Sno-cone trolley driver
3. telemarketer
4. 9-1-1 Dispatcher
among many others... I could go on. Really:
5. Jeans folder and pillow stocker at JC Penney.
6. Radio Station News Director.
7. TV master control operator.
8. Cable TV master control operator.
9. Program Director, Music Director, Chief Operator, and morning show co-host of a college radio station.
10. Public Safety Communications Supervisor.
11. Little Caeser's Pizza employee.

Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Star Wars
2. Serenity
3. Highlander
4. Stargate

Four places you have lived
1. Evansville, IN - on the north side of town.
2. Evansville on the west side.
3. Evansville on the east side.
4. Evansville on the southeast side.

Four t.v shows you love to watch
1. Stargate SG-1
2. Stargate Atlantis
3. Battlestar Galactice
4. Firefly (does that count?)
5. And Rubi has introduced me to House.

For places you have been on vacation
1. Nashville, TN
2. Memphis, TN
3. Florida
4. Holiday World
Four of your favorite foods
1. Pizza
2. Cinammon Rolls
3. Bacon
4. Chicken strips

Four places you would rather be right now
1. ... quite happy right where I'm at. Home, on a mini-vacation from work, hangin' with the wife.
2.
3.
4.
 
Turns out I wasn't saving all that much to post about afterall...
 
 
"THINKS": Kev's term combining the words Things and Links: an assortment of images, links, games, trivia, memes, minutia, and whatnot found while browsing and mentioned collectively in a blog or message-board posts.


 
 
Powered By Qumana


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: