Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday Fandom 10-26-06

Smallville:
I actually like this Oliver Queen character. I'm not very familiar with his comic incarnation, and haven't seen his DCAU counterpart yet (I hope to soon though), so I can't say how he relates to the established character - but I like him. And I like his relationship with Clark.  Ollie is already establishing himself as a "costumed hero", Green Arrow, and he seems to be directing Clark in his growth towards being a visible hero.
 
I'm glad the show is heading back towards the release of the "'Zoners" also - I dislike dangling plot-threads.
 
And finally a scene with Lois and Clark doing their "reporter" shtick: Lois digging for the story, and Clark up and disappearing just as it gets good.
 
But: Astral Projection? Really?
Although, astral projection being countered by an EMP is an interesting twist I haven't heard of before.
 
Ooh! Almost forgot - one of Ollie's friends mentioned having to get back to Gotham!  (Shortly before he got all exploded.)
And Clark needs to go revive the Fortress. We need more Fortress!
 
Okay then. I'm off to read spoilers...
 
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

MCF said...

Ollie is very prominent in JLU, the first season of which is now available on DVD. You can also find the series online.

I'm liking the inclusion of him this season and the natural progression toward forming the league. A while back people thought Lex might have gone to school with a young Bruce Wayne. We never got that, but Ollie is the next best thing.

I didn't mind the astral projection so much as the quick defeat and convenient death that wasn't Clark's fault. I like that they downplayed the K-villain aspect(although I knew it was going to be Kryptonite as it always is), but the "villain sees Clark use powers then dies" routine was old four seasons ago. Nevertheless, this is the best the show has been in a while. Can't wait to see the Fortress restored and more on the zoners, and I'm liking Lois' development into a reporter.

kevbayer said...

I hope to get all of JL and JLU on DVD at some point. I'm looking forward to an upcoming ep of Smallville called "Justice" that is supposed to feature Clark, GA, Bart (Flash), Arthur (Aquaman), and I think Cyborg - the real first beginnings of the Justice League Smallville-style...