Thursday, October 26, 2006

Reading In Bed

Reading in bed

Do you read in bed? For how long? Do you fall asleep reading? Will a good book keep you up all night?
I usually don't read in bed. I often read on the couch until I can't keep my eyes open, then set the book down and doze off into a wonderful nap.  A good book will keep up late into the night, but not all night.
 
Where do you keep your nighttime reading? Do you have a special table next to the bed? Are there many books there? Do you keep books there that you aren't reading (finished or unread)?
I have a nightstand next to my bed where I might keep my current book. Otherwise, books I plan on reading are usually kept on a bookshelf in my living room.
 
I usually have a stack of three or four books waiting to be read, sometimes I don't get to them because I come across books I want to read before I get to those in the stack.  Since many of the books I read come from the library, this means I often don't get to some of the books in my stack before they are due back, and then I forget what I had, and never get to them unless I think the book is worth making a note of somewhere so I'll remember to get it again. I have a huge stack of print-outs from the library of books I'd like to read sometime that I'll probably never get around to reading.  Depending on the book and the time I can commit to reading, I can often finish a book in a day or two (especially if I can stay up late).  But I usually have little time to commit to reading daily, so I usually take about a week to finish a book, reading maybe a chapter or two a day as time permits. 
 
 
 
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I asked my daughter to bring me my book from the table next to the couch. "Which one? There's six!" And, yes, I'm in process with each one. I often doze off while I'm reading in bed, which is why I lay on my stomach. It's much less painful for my face to hit the book than a book to hit my face!