Friday, November 24, 2006

Are you in SW Pennsylvania?

Okay, this isn't my place, and I haven't been there. But I'm dying to go, so y'all have to visit on my behalf until I can get there!

Husband, wife, and cute kiddo have opened up The Place, offering coffee, donuts, and smiles. Husband is a Cordon Bleu graduate, which I think pretty much guarantees melt-in-your-mouth yumminess.

Wife/owner says:
Hubby makes doughnuts, from scratch. I make muffin tops and cookies and truffles. Today's muffins were Clementine, chocolate crumble, walnut coffee, pumpkin maple walnut, and cinnamon. Yum! the cookie today was an outrageously tasty mocha cookie. Hubby will be making biscotti, cannoli and many other delicious pastries as we go.

The doughnuts are very cool and unique, but I'm not telling why. You have to go see them for yourself. Same with the decor. I've seen pics, and am dying to see it in person. Go do it for me!

Directions are as follows:

We're just sw of PIttsburgh, off I-79 Bridgeville exit. Take 50 west until you hit the big town of Cecil and we are just past the fire department on the right.


They had a soft opening, unannounced, no banners, signs, etc. And they sold out. Must be good stuff. Go, visit, eat, tell the owners I said hi!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

kevbayer said...

Mmmmmm... Donuts!

MCF said...

I'm not, but I'll forward this to someone I know who is.