Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lunch

I had Turkey for lunch. What'd you have?

Also, to paraphrase an email I got at work today (yes, I'm at work now - I'll be here on Christmas too), anyway - to paraphrase an email I got;

While you're being thankful today, take a moment to be thankful for the men and women in uniform, both locally and around the world, who spend their holidays protecting you. It's not just the military thousand of miles away, it's also your local police officers, firefighters, Emergency Medical workers, and countless others who take time away from their own family to protect yours.

Happy Thanksgiving! Now that you've gorged on Turkey, take a quiz about turkey!


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

MCF said...

I skipped lunch, but oddly enough also had turkey for dinner. What are the odds?!

Happy Thanksgiving, Bayers!

Anonymous said...

I was at work too Kev. 6P-6A. No turkey, my wife and I will celebrate on Friday my day off.

While I know all of us appreciate the comments about those in uniform, have you ever noticed we dispatchers are never singled out. It's like we don't exist. Ah well, maybe working the holiday (I work Christmas too) is making me touchy. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Kev.

kevbayer said...

Agreed that those of us behind the mic are oft forgotten...

Drives me nuts.