Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Another Alphabet Meme

This alphabet meme is about homemaking.  Rubi and I share the "homemaking" because we both work outside the home. Rubi still does most of it though.
 

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
Rubi had a Pampered Chef apron, and has a custom apron for her craft shows... but we don't use them while cooking.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
My favorite thing to bake is cake.

Clothesline – Y/N?
Electric Dryer, baby!

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Fried Pillsbury biscuit dough is the closest I get. I do that about once a year.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Load the Dishwasher at least once. Probably do a load of laundry.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
I wish!!  We had one that we had bought used. But it was a hassle to use because it wasn't frost-free.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Absolutely.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Rubi.

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
I let Rubi do it because I'd probably burn something.
 
Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Oh yes. Where? The kitchen table. The top of my dresser. The rocker in our room, the sofas, the computer desks...
 
Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
In-progress. Cabinet doors are in the garage ready to be painted white. Cabinets in the kitchen are ready to be painted white.  New grey counter top is in the garage ready to be installed.  Ugly floor and walls are ready to be redone.
Any one care to help us cover the expense of these things?  Use the Paypal donate button to the right, and thanks!!
 
Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
I love sitting down to a meal with my family.
Mop – Y/N?
Rubi gets to do that.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Uhm.... what?  I have bungee cords for securing the lawn mower in the back of the minivan - those are part nylon. I don't wash them.
 
Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Our oven doesn't have a window.  So the door gets opened.
 
Pizza – What do you put on yours?
We have two aluminum (or some kind of metal) pizza sheets that have many holes to help the crust get done faster. I use those or nothing at all.  We have a pizza stone - but the crust never gets done adequately on it.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
NAP!!!!

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
It's a big white cabinet in the kitchen will several cook books and several loose pieces of paper with recipes printed on them.

Style of house – What style is your house?
I guess it's a ranch-style house that a previous owner decided to add-on to, and did a really bad job of it.

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Tabletop and papertowels thank you.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Dishwasher detergent and empty storage bin - waiting on cabinet doors to be painted and reattached.

Vacuum – How many times per week?
Whenever Rubi gets to it or asks me or one of the kids to do it.
 
Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
All of them.
I think a better question would be how many loads do you do each day. Five people in the house makes for a ton o' laundry.
 
X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Sometimes. 
 
Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
I mow. I occasionally use the weed eater.
I'm excitedly awaiting the day Elizabeth is old enough to learn to mow.
 
Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Depends. Sometimes it's dishes, or laundry, or doing a quick clean-up in the kitchen when I get home from work.
 
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

kevbayer said...

So Rubi emails me today and says:

Take a nap, then re-read the question.

"Pizza – What do you put on yours?

We have two aluminum (or some kind of metal) pizza sheets that have many holes to help the crust get done faster. I use those or nothing at all. We have a pizza stone - but the crust never gets done adequately on it."


Okay - so I misread the question and totally screwed up the answer. That's what I get for doing memes at work at 4 oclock in the morning when the brain is barely functioning.

So... What do I put on my pizza. I prefer peperonni and chicken, together. Bacon, sausage, and beef is also good. Ever had a pizza with ranch dressing instead of pizza sauce? Yum (at least with peperonni and/or chicken).