Saturday, June 02, 2007

Belated Happy Anniversary

To Star Wars. I forgot to post something about it a week ago during the "official" 30th anniversary of the original release of Star Wars.

I first saw Star Wars, the original, in the theater with my older brother and my youngest older sister one Sunday afternoon after church. I remember being five years old, which would make it the late summer of 1978, was Star Wars still in theaters at that point? If not, then I must have been four years old when I first saw it.

That's really all I remember about it. I remember a little more about the trip itself, but not seeing the movie for the first time. I remember my sister and her friends didn't want to sit with my brother and his friends, and I had to choose which group to sit with. I chose both, and ran back and forth between the groups at least once during the movie. I think my sister got mad at me for that.

I've been a Star Wars geek ever since.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Family Website said...

great blog! one way to help remember anniversaries is to post them on a calendar in a family website. Check out http://familydetails.com