Thursday, July 19, 2007

Astonishing Test Eighteen

MCF resurrects the Astonishing Test.


It's EIGHTEEN and no life to go, so you know what that means! Here's another edition of the Mysterious Cloaked Figure's Astonishing Test:

1) What aspect of aging do you dread the most?

2) What's the wildest ethnic celebration you've ever participated in or encountered on the street?

3) Which characters would you like to see in the sequel to Transformers? If you're not familiar with the series, you can just suggest vehicles or other alternate forms you'd enjoy watching turn into robots.

4) Do you ever just go crazy or lose your temper and, if so, how do you cool down and regain rationality?

SPECIAL BONUS QUESTION: What is “Purple Monkey Dishwasher”?


You will have one week to complete the test and post the answers on your blogs, leaving a link in the comments section. Next week I'll post your links, and share my answers.

So here are my answers:
1: The aspect of aging I dread the most is growing so feeble I have to rely on other people to do everything for me - losing my independence and ability to do things for myself.

2: The Freedom Festival in Evansville, Indiana that goes on for a couple of weeks leading up to the Fourth of July celebration.  As for "ethnicity", it is the summer celebration of all that is good and wholesome of our white trash population.  Everyone and his uncle heads to the riverfront at the crack of dawn with a cooler full of cheap beer and a ton of fireworks, modest clothing is optional.  By 9 A.M. everyone is totally drunk and has either hurt themselves using the fireworks, has succumbed to heat stroke, or has been arrested.
On-going during this revelry is Unlimited Hydroplane Racing on the river, the occasional flyby of aircraft participating the Freedom Festival Airshow, and "normal" people wandering about the riverfront enjoying themselves and, for some reason, feasting on deep-fried food in 100-degree heat and 98% humidity.

3.  In the inevitable sequel to Transformers, I hope to see a really impressive version of Soundwave and Ravage.  Barring that, because Soundwave is a fan favorite and I think the producers are afraid to mess with him, I'd like to see gestalts like the Constructicons or Arielbots.  Or some of the "minibots" like Cliffjumper and Brawn. Or the Dinobots.  Or triplechangers. 

4. I do occasionally lose my temper and flip out.  What really ticks off my wife is that I quickly calm down and go back to normal while she's still suffering from the effects of my temper and I'll like "Why are you still mad? I'm over it now."

5.  Purple Monkey Dishwasher sounds like a goofy name for a mixed drink.

Powered by Qumana



Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

MCF said...

So you release your anger in a quick, short burst, and then recover immediately without any breathing techniques or anything. You're no help. ;)

I think Frenzy covered the Soundwave and cassettes department this time around. They should either do it right or not at all next time(I wouldn't mind the mass displacement in favor of getting a giant robot with his voice distortion).

Elizabeth said...

LOL. Purple Monkey DishWasher...
I wonder what that would look like...

Anonymous said...

hi lizzie hey i found some vmk signatures, shoot for the monn, if u miss at least u will land amoung the stars.

(this is mine) turn down the what??? i can't hear u the music is too loud!
lizzie's long lost twin