Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ooh, I think I messed it up.

For our carpool kid. Our carpool kid is a sweet but taciturn 8th grade boy who just sort of tolerates arriving at school every day in a minivan full of small children. He gets in the van, says hello, then is silent until we arrive at school, at which point he thanks us politely and makes his escape.

Yesterday, I was driving him home from school, enjoying my Daft Punk CD. (Yes, I like things mommies aren't supposed to like. Daft Punk, Nickelback, MMO's, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer, among others. Shhh, don't tell the other upstanding private school mommies.)

Carpool boy spoke up after a few minutes of "One More Time", asking "What CD is this, because they play this at Abercrombie." I told him, and he was silent the rest of the ride.

I'm fairly sure I rendered the song, the CD, and possibly the band itself no longer acceptable for him, because it's now a minivan mom thing.

Sorry, kiddo.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really hope you are being sarcastic about the "momies aren't supposed to like things like that". I would have to shake ya! hmm.