Thursday, May 29, 2008

Here's what I'm annoyed about today.

Headline today:

Pr. William Passes Resolution Targeting Illegal Immigration

The entire article can be read here.

This confuses me. Why the outrage? Why the crying of racism? HI, you're in this country ILLEGALLY. Right? I don't wanna hear it.

This quote got me too:
"How are we supposed to survive here?" asked Gregorio Calderón, a legal U.S. resident from El Salvador who said he worries that police will harass him because of his ethnicity. "They're going to pull me over just for being Hispanic."

No they're not. They're going to pull you over if you break the law, dude. Don't break the law and you'll be fine. And even if you do decide to do something that will get you pulled over, and you're legal, it's fine. I'm pretty sure you will survive. I've been pulled over before, and I didn't die.

As far as the inevitable whining about racial profiling, I read something a few years ago that stuck with me, and hit the nail on the head. If the cops are searching for a 40 year old blonde white guy in a blue truck, and you get pulled over because you match that description, don't blame the cops. Blame the 40 year old blonde white guy in the blue truck that broke the law.

As always, other opinons are more than welcome.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Hunt said...

yeah, racism sucks. so does steriotyping.

ah well.