Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Kids Rock!

I have one of those annoying "summer colds" that's going around (I thought at first it was just allergies, but ...blech).
 
Anyway, while Rubi was at work today, I starting feeling extra cruddy so I crashed on the couch for about an hour or so.  When I woke up, there was lunch sitting on the arm of the couch for me (literally right next to my head - it was a "whoa! there's a cheese rollup!" moment), Elizabeth and Alexander had unloaded the dishwasher, Elizabeth had unloaded the clothes dryer, and Catherine had wiped down the kitchen table with a wet cloth. 
 
Elizabeth had made cheese rollups for everyone (a slice or three of cheese rolled up in a soft flour tortilla) and had glasses of water for everyone.  The little kids had already finished their rollups as I was waking up, and were asking her for freezer pops for dessert.  Elizabeth told them they could have one if they ate a package of mandarin oranges or a mozzarella cheese stick first (lots of cheese at lunch time!). 
 
At one point while I was dozing, one of the little kids said something to me and I heard Elizabeth tell them "Shhh, let him sleep!".  But it was time to get up anyway - Rubi was due to be home soon at that point, and 3 inches from my head was that cheese rollup with my name on it.
 
Oh yeah, and they made my bed for me!
 
My kids are so cool.
 
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

Hunt said...

once again i marvel at how mature and thoughtful and smart Elizabeth is! she's what, twelve? brilliant!

Anonymous said...

She's awesome! All the kids are!! Kudos to them!

Elizabeth said...

*cough*Eleven*cough*
Thanks Logen and sara!

kevbayer said...

Yeah, these kids are amazing - thanks to having a wonderful mom!

It's Rubi's influence that has turned them into such great kiddos!

Rubi said...

/bow

Thank you, thank you. [grin]

I have some great kids to work with, and they have the best dad in the world, and that helps.

Anonymous said...

http://americandaddy.blogspot.com/

The Consumer Queen said...

How sweet can I borrow your kids? LOL

Lorna said...

I went through the first half of the post saying(to myself) What's a cheese roll-up.

During the second half I allowed myself to momentarily feel jealous because my kids are all grown up. I got over it because they don't know what cheese roll-ups are either

Anonymous said...

nice)

Zakek Xek said...

I want to make a cheese rollup now...

Elizabeth said...

Cheese roll-ups rock.