Sunday, August 17, 2008

MCFAT 20

Oh boy!  We're up to number 20, er... XX.  MCF has posted another Astonishing Test.
Here are my answers:
 
1) Are you offended when a film or television show lampoons something close to you, be it nationality, faith, gender, etc.? If so, how do you respond?
Lampoons? I don't mind, if it's in good spirit.  Blatantly bashes for no good reason? Can't stand it.
 
2) If you were granted with superhuman intelligence and or abilities that had the unfortunate side effect of ending your life in a few days, how would you spend your final hours?
 
Dude!! Pizza, family, and Trivial Pursuit!!

3) If someone you knew repeatedly demonstrated poor hygiene, would you ever broach the subject and tell the person?
I have kids.  `nuf said.

4) Who are some of your favorite television characters that originated one one series before being spun off into another?
 
Hmmm... I liked Radar on M*A*S*H, he spun off into the horrid After M*A*S*H along with Klinger and Colonel Potter (wait... wasn't Colonel Potter's first name Harry?)  I can't really think if any characters that I would term "favorite" that ended up in a spin-off.  Maybe Wesley, from Buffy - he was annoyingly humorous on Buffy but when he ended up in the spin-off Angel, he became a very interesting character with great character growth.  He definitely wasn't a favorite on Buffy, but he ended up a great character on Angel.

SPECIAL BONUS QUESTION: What was the name of my first pet, and what was it?
George was your imaginary canary. 
 
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Hunt said...

1) i feel angry for a while then build up a strong defense i could use in court. then i play videogames.

2) well thats a silly question, since part of my supehuman abbilities was to alter time and space, thus getting rid of the last half of the question.

3)i I would casually break it to them.

4) Probably Samatha Carter i nStargate SG-1, before going into atlantis where she became Wonderwoman and could save the day by refrencing an SG-1 episode then winking.

5)his name was unpronouncable by anyone but you and only you could see him.

MCF said...

The great thing about reading everyone else's answers first is that it bolsters mine; thank you for reminding me of how they took a comic relief character from Buffy and made him a John Woo unshaven anti-hero on Angel(while still occasionally providing comic relief). I probably would have forgotten Wes on my list.

I'm still working through Season 3 of SGA, though McKay is definitely going to be on my list. I kind of heard that Sam becomes a regular in S4, so I can't wait to see how that plays out.

kevbayer said...

I can't believe I forgot McKay!!

I'm an avid Stargate fan and love the McKay character!!

Darrell said...

Nobody's gonna come up with a better answer for #3 than yours!

Elizabeth said...

Dad, All you seem to care about is toothpaste and hair. If you were in my position, you would say the exact same thing. ;)