Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Obligatory Thankfulness Post

I am thankful for so much; God has blessed me in so many ways I could write a book of thankfullness. Instead, I'll summarize some of the high points.

I'm thankful for my bride Rubi, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish for all eternity.

I'm thankful for our kids Lizzy, Alex, and Catherine: three very different but equally loveable, smart, and just plain cool.

I'm thankful for our families, hers and mine. We both have great parents and extended families and they are a true blessing to us both.

I'm thankful for my job, stressful as it is. At least I'm employed and have some semblance of job security - not everyone can say that.

I could go on and on, but I'll end with this quote that one of my bosses emailed the staff yesterday:

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-Melody Beattie
Enjoy the tryptophan coma!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: