Friday, June 18, 2010

Where I've been this week

It’s been an interesting week so far. This will be my first attempt at documenting some of the more interesting things I’ve seen this week.

 

I first took a visit to an unusual bar, populated by many people who should not have been there! That was pretty cool, in my opinion.

 

Then an author I read described how he’ll watch certain movies to the end if he finds them while flipping channels. I don’t flip channels that often, as we don’t subscribe to cable in our house. Hello? It’s the internet age: There are too many different ways to watch the TV shows I want to watch, when I want to watch them, without being tied to the sofa at a specific time on an arbitrary day decided by some network exec that makes way too much money. /rant

 

Being an introvert (not shy, introvert – there’s a difference), I struggle to mingle and get to know people. Apparently, getting out and mingling with other geeks can help.

 

Someone else who apparently needs a different kind of help: some lady who apparently doesn’t like books, but really likes condiments.

 

Then I had a nice blast from the past about the elementary school I attended. I also saw a trailer for movie me and the kids definitely need to see! (Though I think the 3D thing is silly.)

 

I love to read, so this might be handy for me.

 

The eyeglasses I wear darken when I go outside into sunlight to protect my eyes. Now there are windows that darken when it’s warmer outside to keep heat out. My house needs those!

 

Also?  Want!

 

Here are a few good rules to FB by. Here are some other ideas, too. (Those last three I went to find after seeing the first linked article.)

 

I plan on taking the family to see Toy Story 3 at the drive-in tonight, and I’m sure most of these will blow right past us!

 

Have a great weekend, and Happy Father’s Day!

 

 

 

Cross posted to Still No Update?! and The Bayer Family Blog.

 

 


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

John Jones said...

Hi Kevin... thanks for installing your BuyWidget and welcome to the BuyWidget community - I've featured the Bayer Family Widget on the buywidget site homepage. We will be adding ebooks soon, so you may want to add a similar widget to your sporadicbookreviews blog when the update is released!

John

Vote4SafePregnancy said...

Enjoy life and live day-to-day cheerfully. interesting article