Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Gettin' my cranky on.

Gah. I'm so grumpy today. And I'm even grumpier because I have no good reason to be grumpy. (Grumpy grumpy grumpy...the word just loses Alll meaning.)

Moving on. Tomorrow is the day I leave on my trip. I'll be here with three good friends:
http://www.ckscrapbookevents.com/tn2005/

I have no sense of anticipation whatsoever. I'm cranky, and lethargic, and in a kind of packing fugue state. (Lordy, did I even spell that right? I'm stupider than usual tonight.) The task of packing for a lousy four day trip seems so overwhelming I'm just completely blocking it out. All I can think is that I'm meeting 15 ladies for dinner Friday night, and I don't have a shirt in the right colors. (Shut up. It's a thing - there will be lots of photos and we're all supposed to be wearing specific colors.) I have a sinking feeling I'll be at Target in the morning after dropping Elizabeth off at school, frantically trying to find a long sleeved shirt in the damnable sherbert-y colors that wash me out.

What the frilly heck is wrong with me? For weeks, I've been so jazzed about this trip that my voice has permanantly risen an octave. Now that it's here, all I can think is "Hey, I need to get the kids in bed, because American Idol is on in 15, and I want to see the girl with the funny name and stupid cowgirl outfit."


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

kevbayer said...

Ladies and Gentleman: My Wife!!