Thursday, March 24, 2005

My darling's going to kill me...

but I'm okay with that at the moment. The wonderful, wonderful man at Domino's made an exception for me. My sad little order of chicken kickers and a Diet Coke didn't meet the minimum delivery requirement, but he didn't even hesitate to make an exception and send my goodies on their way anyway.

That's my "my night stinks" food. I'm having a lousy night, brought on by a 90 minute fight with the kids. That quality time was spent trying to make them clean up the F.A.O. Schwarz annex in the playroom. The fun culminated with me flipping out, yelling a LOT, and sending the whole pack of them to bed. I feel a yard sale coming on. Or maybe a trip to Goodwill. Less lucrative, but quicker.

Upside? I'm off to crop at a good friend's house on the other side of town in the morning. I just managed to score a ride from another friend who's attending, thus saving a bit of insanely expensive gas. ($2.16 a gallon as of this morning. I know a lot of parts of the country are paying more, but it still just makes me choke.)


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised at your blog for a couple reasons, one is you do not see the name Bayer alot anywhere, two is your gas prices seem to be as much as they are where I live. I live in Michigan, and my maiden name is Bayer, most of my family are deceased and I was rather shocked when I came upon your blog.
What ya think about that?? lol

Rubi said...

Huh. IIRC, my darling's family hails from Michigan. Detriot, I believe. Even weirder.

Darrell said...

Sometimes I think we should make our kids give toys away. Just down right give 'em away. Our kids are awful about having toys everywhere, not taking care of them, and not cleaning up. Besides, they really have far too many toys (I know what you mean about an F.A.O. Schwartz annex), which is our fault, not there. Maybe they'd appreciate what they have more if they had to give some of it to someone who has less. Maybe? I dunno. But maybe.

kevbayer said...

That's a good idea. We've done something similar with our oldest on her birthday... actually it was her idea, I think, she had a party and told all of her friends coming not to buy her gifts, but to buy stuff to make a donation to a local family shelter - not just toys, but food and toiletries and other necessities. After her party, we all caravaned to the shelter and let the kids give the shelter head the donation.