Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Shhh.

My darling is sleeping. My three small darlings are sleeping. It's way past my bedtime, and I need to be getting to bed.
But how often do I get to sit in a perfectly silent house and...well...enjoy the silence.

Quick "things that made me smile recently" rundown:

The unexpected gift of OPI nail polish in my favorite shade. It arrived in the mail courtesy of an internet buddy.

Watching American Idol tonight. During commercials, the phone would ring. It was my best friend, watching a few miles away at her home. We skipped the part about "Hello?", and just launched right into the current diatribe. I picked up the phone once and was greeted with a furious "I just wanna SMACK that fat guy!" She's a fun friend, and I'm lucky to have her.

Shopping spree at Chez Target with my darling and the kids. Got lots of cute things for myself and the girls, all on sale. (Gotta say though, it's weird choosing underwear while your 7 year old daughter is standing beside you offering opinions.)

The thought that my darling is two rooms away, waiting for snuggles and sleep. Night all.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: