Thursday, June 09, 2005

Enough with the Memes Kev!

Found another neat meme. This one from MommyBrain.

Favorite Scripture
Favorite Childhood book
Favorite Teen Book
Favorite Book Read this Year
Favorite Subject to Learn About
Favorite Subject to Teach
Favorite Piece of Clothing
Favorite Television Show
Favorite Movie
Favorite Album
Here are mine:

Favorite Scripture:
Philippians 4: 6-7. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I truly feel like I have a peace that passes understanding. People have told me that I have a peace about me. Not that I'm aloof, or don't seem to care what happens, but that I know that there's more to life, and God is in control and knows what He's doing.
Now... if I can just make myself live that more often.

Favorite Childhood Book:
Are You My Mother?
Are You My Mother?
by P.D. Eastman. I remember my mom reading this book (among others) to me when I was young. Now I take pleasure in reading it to my kids.

Favorite Teen Book:
I never really read any "teen" books. I went straight from "Hardy Boys" to SF from the bookstore. Although, lately, I've read a couple of books being marketed towards teens, and the one I liked best so far is "The world of Eldaterra: The Dragon Conspiracy" by P.R. Moredun

Favorite Book Read this Year:
So far, probably The Assignment by Mark Andrew Olson.

Favorite Subject to Learn About:
Everything!
I like to learn, as long as I'm doing it at my pace, when I want, where I want, and what I'm interested in at that time. Computers, archeology, history, conspiracies, astronomy, music, homeland security.
Okay... there's one thing I'm not really interested in learning about: politics. That's not to say I don't want to learn about how my country works, I'm all for that - I'm just not interested in learning about the red tape that prevents the county from working.

Favorite Subject to Teach:
I abhor teaching.
I'm not good at it. I have no patience. I think you should be able to watch me do it once, and maybe have me explain it while I'm doing it, and you should then have enough knowledge to do it yourself, and if you mess up, you've still got enough common sense to figure out why you messed up and not to do it again. That's how I learn: I watch someone do something, maybe they explain it, then I do it myself and figure out if it worked or not; and if not, why it didn't work.
This is probably why my youngest daughter who is three is still in diapers.

Favorite Piece of Clothing:
I don't really have one specific piece of clothing that is my favorite. My favorite type of outfit is jeans and a t-shirt. Doesn't matter which jeans or which t-shirt though.

Favorite Television Show:
Stargate SG-1. I hope the upcoming 9th season can live up to the previous seasons, since Macgyver is leaving the show. I think they'll do just fine though.

Favorite Movie:
Since I have to pick one: Star Wars (the original, Episode IV A New Hope).
I have many runners-up.

Favorite Album:
One I burn myself, but that's cheating. So I'll pick Queen: A Kind of Magic. It's got some rockin' Queen songs, stuff from Highlander, and my favorite song ever: One Vision.



Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Michael Hickerson said...

Well, Stargate is adding Ben Browder to the mix...so that should be cool.