Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I think I'm funny, but I'm not

Nod to MCF and The HappyHusband for this test.

This is supposedly my humor type (take the quiz: NOT family-friendly!).


The Cutting Edge
(57% dark, 42% spontaneous, 31% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN SPONTANEOUS DARK

Your humor's mostly innocent and off-the-cuff, but somehow there's something slightly menacing about you. Part of your humor is making people a little uncomfortable, even if the things you say aren't themselves confrontational. You probably have a very dry delivery, or are seriously over-the-top.

Your type is the most likely to appreciate a good insult and/or broken bone and/or very very fat person dancing.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU:
David Letterman - John Belushi

This test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 54% on dark
You scored higher than 36% on spontaneous
You scored higher than 45% on vulgar




I can basically agree with that.

Rubi and I will often have the same humorous thought at exactly the same instant; and the first person to actually voice it wins! An example of that, and our silly humor: when we were in Florida last year, we hit a toll road, and at the toll booth, there were these tunnels running under the highway from the side of the road to the booths, for the workers to get there safely. Rubi and I both saw these and had the same thought at the same instant, but I voiced it first "Hey, those tunnels must be for the toll trolls!" Rubi stomped her foot, "Darn it! I was going to say that!" Sometimes she beats me to the punch too.
Luckily, we share the same sense of humor - we both like Monty Python and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. We both like old SNL, but can't stand today's SNL. We both share a "stupid" sense of humor amongst ourselves - often making the dumbest jokes and laughing at the oddest things together - that most people probably wouldn't get. However, she enjoyed the movie Raising Arizona, and I couldn't stand it.



I'm glad Rubi and I found each other, I don't think we'd be able to share our sense of humor as well with anyone else.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: