Wednesday, May 24, 2006

THINKS May 24, 2006

Time once again for some THINKS I've found whilst not doing the house work I probably should have been doing.

First off, Rubi and I have another tentative "date" scheduled about a month from now. We'll be heading to Lousiville (if we can find a babysitter for nine hours) to see Serenity on the big screen.

Thing is, they need at least 200 people to show up to make it work. Otherwise it won't happen. Hopefully we'l find out for sure before we leave town...

I'll never really be able to watch that movie the same way again, since I found Serenity MST3K-ed. Too Funny.

Also, Serenity as portrayed by the Muppets continues. Serenity rocks. Muppets are cool (really! Did you see Farscape?). Serenimuppets are fun. And Kermit the Frog is my hero.

Here's a review of The Best Star Trek, the author says it's DS9. I agree. I wasn't a convert from the start. I watched probably only part of the first season, then skipped seasons two and three almost completely. It wasn't until I heard they were transferring Worf to DS9 because the Klingons were starting trouble again that I thought I'd give it a try. I was hooked, and stuck around enjoying the lengthy story arcs and excellent character development and growth. This was a "Next Generation" where the characters were exactly the same after seasons. These characters had some serious personal crises, had their world-views shattered and rebuilt, had their lives tossed around inside a blender - more than once, and came out stronger characters and a better TV show.

Like to read books? Here's a Book Quiz. It alternately said I was Anne of Green Gables, The Mists of Avalon, or something by Kurt Vonegut.

And for news from ...around the universe? Here's a fun "news" website that takes actual news stories and replaces key words and phrases with science fiction terms.

That's all. I have to go edit some typos in the last post because my 4th-grade daughter is now my editor.

"THINKS": Kev's term combining the words Things and Links: an assortment of images, links, games, trivia, memes, minutia, and whatnot found while browsing and mentioned collectively in a blog or message-board posts.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: