Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Meme

Carrie posted this, and a friend of mine I rediscovered on myspace also sent it to me.
I guess that's a sign I need to answer it.
 
The Christmas Season Meme.
 
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate maybe once or twice during the season.
 
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It was my understanding the elves did all the wrapping, and Santa delivered them.  Here at home - We don't really do Santa. The kids know about him, but consider him more of a celebrity they see around the holidays than as the guy who brings presents.
 
3. Colored lights on tree or white? I honestly can't remember what we had last year, and we haven't decorated this year yet.  I like the subtle beauty of white lights, but I also like the atmosphere of multicolored lights.
 
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Rubi doesn't need an excuse to kiss me!
 
5. When do you put your decorations up? We used to put them as soon as possible after Thanksgiving - that's when we had a fake tree (my favorite kind).  But now we do real trees (gah!) and usually wait until about 2 weeks before Christmas to buy a freshly cut tree so it stays fresh through December 25. That's when we've decorating lately.
 
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? The one sitting on the desk with the free candy in it.  As for food - my moms Christmas sugar cookies.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Reading the story of Jesus' birth from Luke 2 with the family.
 
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don't remember.
 
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes.  Lately Rubi and I have been exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve after the kids go to bed so we can spend Christmas morning focused on their gifts.
 
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Everyone helps. We use lights and ornaments (that I can remember), put on Christmas music, Rubi makes hot chocolate for those that want some, and I take pictures.
 
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love the look of it, love seeing it fall from the sky and cover the ground. Love playing in it. Love taking pictures of my kids playing in it.  Love sledding. I don't like shoveling it or driving in it.
 
12. Can you ice skate? I've been a couple times, so... no.
 
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Anything Rubi gives me is my favorite gift!
 
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with extended family. Reading Luke 2 with my family on Christmas morning.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mom's Sugar Cookies.
 
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Oh, I answered that in #14. Spending time with extended family, and reading Luke 2 with my family on Christmas morning.
 
17. What tops your tree? Dust.  Actually, I think we have an angel, but I can't remember.  I know we've been searching for the perfect tree-topper for years and just haven't found one we really like.
 
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Yes. I love to watch Rubi and the kids unwrap the gifts I give them - but, hey, I'm human and as greedy as the next guy - so I like to "get" too!
 
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hmmm.... I can't think of one. Maybe something from Amy Grant's Christmas album, but I'm not sure. I know there are some I like, that by the end of the season - I'm sick of hearing because the radio is always playing them and they're on the muzak in stores and on commercials on TV.
 
20. Candy Canes? Maybe one or two.  I like to hang them on the tree as decorations.
 
 
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: