Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Movie Meme 2007

SFSignal posted the following movie meme - so I'll do it too.

The list of 2007 genre movies follows. It's sorted alphabetically since release dates change and are geo-centric. Titles are pulled from Dark Horizons, SciFi Movie Page and IMDB.

Highlight the genre movies you are anticipating, as follows:
- BOLD for movies you want to see in the theater
- ITALICS for movies that you'll wait for the DVD release
-Red font for movies I care nothing about seeing.
-Green font for movies I've never heard of.

28 Weeks Later
Alien vs. Predator AVP2
Arthur and the Invisibles
Fanboys
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Ghost Rider
Halloween
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass
I Am Legend
Meet the Robinsons
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
Resident Evil 3: Extinction
Shrek the Third
Spider-Man 3
Stardust
Sunshine
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Astronaut Farmer
The Dark Is Rising
The Invasion
The Martian Child
The Mist
Transformers
Underdog

I haven't even heard of some of those movies!
I will definitely see Transformers at the theater - maybe opening night if I can swing it. Hopefully they'll do a midnight a showing - that'd make it easier.
Rubi and I have made it a point to see that last two Spiderman movies in the theater - so we'll probably make a date of that.
I haven't seen FF1 yet, but the trailer for Rise of the Silver Surfer rocks! So I'll be seeing that at some point - most likely on DVD.
I haven't heard much about Underdog, so I don't know if it will be like the Rocky & Bullwinkle and the Scooby Doo movies, or if they'll take it a little more serious. Either way - that's a definite not in the theater.
TMNT: I'm torn, I'd like to see it on the big screen, but I rarely get to see movies in the theater so I don't want to "waste" my movie going time when I might use that for a date with Rubi. After I see the reviews, maybe I'll be able to take my kids to see it (at least Alexander), but I think probably he's not old enough for it yet.
AvP2 I will definitely wait for DVD. In fact, I'll probably read the novelization first - because I don't like gore, and if the book mentions too much gore, I'll probably just skim through the movie for the good parts.
I've heard good things about Fanboys, but again: I only get to go to the theater a limited number of times each year, usually on dates with my darling wife - so I have to save those up for the movies that really count. TF is the exception to that, unless Rubi wants to geek out with me.

I'm just waiting til Elizabeth is a little older. We'll make her babysit so Rubi and I can go out on dates more often!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: