Sunday, May 06, 2007

Free Comic Book Day 2007

Yesterday, I took my 6 year old son Alexander to a local comic book store for Free Comic Book Day. I knew in advance that my local Star Wars Fan Force club would have a table set up, and one of the members was dressed up in his replica Darth Vader costume. I thought Alexander would get a big kick out of meeting the Dark Lord of the Sith in person.
The comic store also had a Spiderman out front handing out copies of the free Spidey comic book and Alexander thought that was really neat too. After meeting Spidey and Vader, I let him explore the store for awhile. He wandered up and down the aisles checking out all the cool comi book-related toys the store had displayed, picked up a few freebies from FCBD and the store, and then we were on our way back home.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

MCF said...

Hard to believe, but I've never been to a FCBD. They didn't have those when I was collecting, and I never remember now, in spite of this being such a comic-centric weekend for me what with Spidey 3 and all. It definitely sounds like I'm missing some photo ops.