Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stole a Meme

I stole the following from Carrie.

What kind of soap is in your shower right now?
Several: Wal-Mart-brand liquid soap, a bar of caffeine soap, Rubi's shower gel.

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No.

What would you change about your living room?
The house it's in :-)  Realistically?  The furniture.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Clean.

What is in your fridge?
Lots of post-grocery shopping food.

White or wheat bread?
Sure, but usually wheat.

What is on top of your refrigerator?
Freeze-packs (that go in a cooler to keep things cold) because there's no room in the freezer for them. 

What color or design is on your shower curtain?
A clear one inside, and a plain white one on the outside of the tub.

How many plants are in your home?
A single rose I bought Rubi the other day.

Is your bed made right now?
Yeah right.

Comet or Soft Scrub?
Neither, but we have several other products.

Is your closet organized?
No. But I know where everything is.

Can you describe your flashlight?
Which one?  There's a yellow one on my nightstand. A very small maglight-type flashlight on my dresser (that's supposed to be in my work bag), there's a slightly larger maglight-type flashlight in my work bag, there's a large hand-held flashlight in it's case under my bed and there's a red and black flashlight on top of the cabinets in our laundry ...alcove that needs batteries.

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Yes. The kids have many plastic cups from restaurants, Rubi and I have glass drinking glasses, and a few plastic drinking cups too.

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
No. Rubi's the tea drinker, and usually drinks it warm.

If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
A world of yes.

Curtains or blinds?
Curtains on the front window.  Blinds everywhere else.  But I want to put blinds on the front window soon too.

How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two for me. Two for Rubi.

Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
No. 

How often do you vacuum?
Me? Rarely.  Rubi usually does it and sometimes Elizabeth will do it.  Although I actually enjoy vacuuming - I should do it more.

Standard toothbrush or electric?
Standard.

What color is your toothbrush?
White with blue highlights.

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
No.  No one is welcome here :-)

What is in your oven right now?
The racks and drippings.

Is there anything under your bed?
Oh yes.  We can't fit anything else under there!

Chore you hate doing the most?
Folding laundry.  Doing the laundry I'm okay with - it's folding it and putting it away that I don't enjoy, unless Rubi is there to help me and keep me company.

What retro items are in your home?
Retro?  I've got some cassette tapes. I've still got the denim jacket I wore in college.  (And keep meaning to throw it out...)

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
Of course not - I have three kids.

How many mirrors are in your home?
Hmmmmm: bathroom 2, bedroom 2, 1 Tinkerbell mirror.  Total: 5

What color are your walls?
Which ones?  Most are white-ish.  Our bedroom is a very light green and Alexander's room is yellow with blue around the top.

What does your home smell like right now?
Whatever Rubi happens to be cooking for dinner?  Don't know, I'm not there - I'm at work.

Favorite candle scent?
I like the sugar cookie candles, the cinnamon candles, or the cupcake. 

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
None.

What color is your favorite Bible?
I like my little black soft-cover NIV Bible.

Ever been on your roof?
Of course.  Every man has to get on his own roof every now and then.  Even if he doesn't really have a reason to do so.

Do you own a stereo?
No.

How many TVs do you have?
One.

How many house phones?
Two, a cordless and a corded. The corded is in-case the power goes out.

Do you have a housekeeper?
Shyeah right!

What style do you decorate in?
Three Children with Two Working Parents.

Do you like solid colors or prints in furniture?
Solids.

In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
After making sure the rest of the family is safely out of harms way - I'd probably try to grab some extra clothes for everyone, and our wedding book.  However, doing so is a bad idea and potentially puts yourself in danger and I can not advocate anyone trying to rescue belongings from a home that is on fire.  Make sure everyone is out and safe and call 9-1-1.  Have a safety plan for everyone in your household. Rather than try to rescue belongings, you could also have everyone keep an emergency bag packed in a convenient location that you grab as you climb out of a window or whatever.  Keep precious belongings, copies of important documents, and backups of computer files in a fire-proof safe and in a secondary location like a safe-deposit box.

 


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your decorating style - it's very similar to ours! :)

Elizabeth said...

So.. you would want to grab clothes? I would've thought you'd answer with " oh, all my Sci-fi books, duh "