Sunday, July 27, 2008

Necessity is the mother of...

really really bizarre invention.

Our old phone probably needs to be replaced. The contacts that allow it to charge on the base are pretty worn out, I think. The battery got worn down yesterday, and the darn thing wouldn't charge. Kev and I both fiddled with it a lot, to no avail. We wiggled it around in the base, and the charge light lit up when it was at a certain angle that was impossible to achieve unless someone was holding it that way. This morning I got up, determined to do something about it.

I messed with it for a while, trying to achieve that angle through various "Whatever is at hand in the kitchen" methods. At one point this included wedging an orange peeler in between the phone and the base.

I finally got it. No big deal, I just unhooked it from the wall, sat it on the bar propped up at a 30 degree angle, and placed two wadded up boullion cube wrappers between the handset and base. Duh. I have no idea why we didn't think of that in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that next payday will include a new phone.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Hunt said...

You guys just need to do what my family does! ditch the landline and just get a couple of cellphones! get one of those family plans and you're set! :D