Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm so happy!!

I finally got to do something I've been wanting to do for years!

For some reason this morning, when my alarm went off - I turned it off instead of hitting snooze button a gazillion times like I usually do. As a result, I got up ...a little later than I expected. And oddly, my kids slept in too. Which is okay, because usually they get up way too early anyway - but now it was definitely time to get up and they were all still asleep.
So...

I threw open the doors to their rooms, turned on their lights and started loudly singing:

Rise and Shine
And give God the glory glory!
Rise and Shine
And give God the glory glory!
Rise!
And!
Shine!
And!
Give God the glory glory!
Children... time to get up!

I was so happy!! My kids were all "daaaaaad... zzzzzzz".
I've been wanting to loudly sing them awake with that for years!

.


Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. that's a nice morning of you. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day. I hope that I would be able to wake my sisters back at home just the way you did for your cuties.

How I miss my family at times like this =( thanks anyways for sharing a nice morning story =)

Anonymous said...

My mom used to do this to me All. THE. TIME. when I was growing up. I hate that song. ;)

Hunt said...

Oh! my dad used to do that! except it was 'The Loving Spoonful' or 'Led Zeppilin' or on the rare occasion 'The Beatles'. and i have a stange mindd, I Imagined you going to wake up your Kids like that, but it was on teh set of 'Little House On the Prairie'...i'm wierd.

Elizabeth said...

o_O That'd be wierd. I was the first one up when he did that. Catherine finally woke up ten minutes later.

Hunt said...

Cathrine has Ears of Steel.